These bright yellow turmeric crackers are so unbelievably delicious! Perfect addition to almost every savory meal. Or just munch on them when you’re in need of a quick snack.
This healthy turmeric cracker recipe is paleo, vegan, gluten free, and of course dairy free. Not to mention, turmeric has many scientifically proven health benefits thanks to its antioxidant properties. It’s amazing for your brain and heart health, and it contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
Serve these with some beet spread or almond butter. Or why not as a crunchy side to a creamy spinach soup, chicken curry, veggie meatballs or spicy gazpacho. Let’s get cracking!
- ½ cup fine almond flour / almond meal
- ¾ cup tapioca starch
- 8 tbsp warm water
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely ground psyllium husk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- ½ tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a bowl, combine ground psyllium husk with warm water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add in almond meal and tapioca flour, spices, baking powder and oil. Mix well and transfer onto a flat surface. Knead the dough and form a ball.
- If the dough is too dry, add more oil when kneading the dough. If it is too sticky, sprinkle the surface with some more almond meal until it’s easily manageable.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll until it’s evenly flat.
- Remove the top sheet and cut the dough into small squares with a pizza cutter or a knife.
- Transfer your crackers onto a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.