This recipe is for all the coffee lovers. And honestly, even if you’re not a coffee person, you’ll still love this amazingly delicious drink.
The flavors combine so well together – the bold body of the coffee is smoothly rounded off by the rich, nutty profile of the almond milk, blending with the sweet, caramel-like notes from the dates and finished with a subtle vanilla aroma.
Oh, it’s also vegan!
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules*
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 4 fresh dates, pitted (soft variety preferred)
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- Place water, almond milk and dates in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Sieve the mixture to remove any coarse date skin.
- Place the sieved mixture back into the blender with all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
* If using fresh brewed coffee, use ½ cup chilled black coffee.
Recipe taken and adapted from taste.com.au