These crackers are packed with nutrients and help you get your 5 a day. Made with cauliflower, broccoli, chia seeds and flax seeds, this is a completely guilt-free snack.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. crushed sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. grated regular or vegan Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower and the broccoli into chunks.
- Place them in a boiling pot and cover with water. Bring into boil and cook until they are tender.
- Once tender, drain and put the vegetables in a cheese cloth or light towel. Squeeze all the liquid out until they form a dry mass.
- Mix the mass with the seeds, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and spices. Combine well.
- Put the mass over a parchment paper and cover it with another sheet of parchment paper. Roll the mass until it is flat and approx 1 cm / 0.4 inch tall.
- Place the parchment paper with the dough over a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Bake for 1 hour until dry and browned.
- Cut into cracker squares.