As the weather is getting warmer, there’s nothing better than a cooling yet decadent chocolate ice cream. So here it is. The most gorgeous paleo chocolate ice cream you could ever dream of!
This ice cream recipe is super easy to make. The perfect paleo and vegan sweet treat on a hot summer day. Nothing better than a simple dessert that you can whip up in no time and just can’t stop devouring.
Want to know how to make it? Keep reading!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk/cream
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder or ¼ cup raw cacao powder*
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp salt
*If you’re using raw cacao powder, add a bit more maple syrup or agave nectar for sweetness and good consistency
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and add in maple syrup (or agave nectar), ground vanilla, cacao or cocoa powder and salt.
- Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the mixture from heat and put it in a container.
- Blend the banana in a food processor or a blender until it forms a puree and add it to the coconut milk mixture. Whisk everything together and let cool down at room temperature.
- Once cooled, add in the chopped dark chocolate. Your ice cream mixture is now done!
- Cover the ice cream with a piece of foil, plastic wrap or with the container lid. Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy the chocolate ice cream on its own or add some fruit, berries and shaved chocolate!