Let’s get munching! We’re absolute suckers for nut butters. Peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut, cashew… Whatever it is, we’re up for it!
Not only are nut butters extremely easy to make, you’ll also save a ton of money by making them at home. And of course, you’ll know every single ingredient that goes into making it.
Our vanilla hazelnut butter is a paleo, gluten free and vegan spread. Perfect for those healthy movie night snacks like apples, bananas, berries and even pumpkin. Or add it to your baked goods, smoothies, top your pancakes with it – you decide!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1-2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground anise seeds
- ¾-1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- Optional: ½ teaspoon ground chili
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place your hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn them!
- Once roasted, let the hazelnuts cool to room temperature.
- Put hazelnuts, maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice), salt and spices inside a powerful food processor. Process for 3-4 minutes.*
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor, so all nuts get processed, and pulse for 5-8 more minutes until the nut butter is no longer crumbly, but smooth and creamy.
*If your food processor gets too hot, take a little break, remove the lid and let it cool for a little while. Then you can continue processing.