What a delicious breakfast or a power-boosting snack! These banana-blueberry muffins are the perfect sweet treat and healthy snack all in one. As you know, we love paleo recipes, so you won’t find any white flour or sugar in this recipe. Almond flour all the way!
If you’re worried that the banana might be too overpowering, just don’t. It helps make the muffins sweet, moist and soft while flaxseeds and chia seeds create some crunch, much like poppy seeds would. The perfect balance.
Here’s how you can make it:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp flax seeds (optional)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 ripe, small bananas *
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
* If you have big bananas, just use one.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the dry ingredients together: almond flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, flax seeds, baking soda and vanilla bean powder.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas completely. Add in eggs, honey and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.* Add the blueberries and swirl lightly to mix.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins or muffin cases. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until slightly brown. Cool muffins in their pans.
* The batter is quite wet, resulting in a moist and tender muffin.
Recipe taken and adapted from allrecipes.com