Our raw powder is very multifunctional. You can use it in your morning coffee, for baking or even to make your on beauty products. This week I had too much time to stare at my feet (in a yoga class) and I noticed how I really need a proper scrub. There are so few brands out there, that have honest and clean ingredients, that I almost want to cry. I took the easy way out and made my own small batch of body scrub (use it couple of times a week and it lasts for a long time).
Why make your own?
* It will be A LOT cheaper, than regular store-bought super-fancy brands. The total cost of this body scrub is may be 5$ in total.. if even that much.
* It will be A LOT healthier, as there are no chemicals used. You just know what you put on your skin and I think it’s worth a lot.
* Easy to tweak – you can make a small batch to decide whether you like the combination of oils and scents or not.
What do you need:
* Roughly 1 part sea salt (In this scrub, about 150g).
* 1 generous tsp of Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
* About 1/2 parts of coconut oil
* 2 tsp of argan oil (mine was infused with lemon essential oil). The whole scent combo is heavenly, so I would recommend to add a 2-3 drops of lemon EO, if yours is not.. depending on the amount of your scrub.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, preferably using wooden spoon. Store in an air-tight jar out of direct sunlight.
Why those ingredients?
Sea salt is the exfoliant, that helps to slough off dead skin. Natural sea salt is loaded with minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium that all play a huge role in the healthy functioning of our skin. It also helps to balance and improve hydration and heal the breakouts due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Try to choose salt that is smooth for your touch, so it wouldn’t have too sharp edges on the crystals and scratch your skin.
Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder is a gentle exfoliant and it has heavenly scent. It has anti-oxidant properties and in aromatherapy it is used to calm, soothe, improve one’s confidence and reduce anxiety.
Coconut Oil – Excellent moisturiser with antibacterial properties.
Argan Oil – one wonderful oil that is packed with vitamin A, anti-oxidants and Omega-6 fatty acids. It is mainly used to treat acne , acne scars and other blemishes, as a moisturiser and against razor bumps and burns after shaving. It has even claimed to reduce the number of ingrown hair and it’s anti-ageing.
Lemon Essential Oil (optional) – It is said to improve skin complexion and even imperfections. It’s antiseptic properties help to treat pimples and other skin problems. Lemon is recommended to reduce excessive oiliness in the skin. In aromatherapy, it is used to improve mental alertness and concentration, elevate mood and create positive mindset and also fight depression.