This paleo pumpkin and coffee cake is a truly marvelous dessert. It’s fudgy, dense and chocolaty with hints of coffee. The pumpkin makes it so moist, the pecans lend a contrasting crunch and the bursts of chocolate makes you keep wanting to eat it, even though you get full after just one slice.
We suggest you wait no longer and make one today! Let’s dig in
- ¾ cups pure butter, softened
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 ¾ cups coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 15oz pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2oz dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
- ¾ cups pecan, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Grease and line an 8-inch* cake tin with removable bottom.
- Cream the butter until fluffy. Add honey, eggs and pumpkin puree; whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients – coconut flour, almond flour, vanilla bean powder, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds and ground cinnamon. Fold in the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree mixture.
- Separate the batter into two. Pour the first batter into the prepared cake tin. Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Mix in melted chocolate and dissolved coffee into the remaining batter. Pour this batter into the cake tin, and top with remaining chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Bake for 65-70 minutes and let it cool in the cake tin for 15 minutes.
* If you use a smaller cake tin, you will get a taller cake but the cooking time will increase by about 20-30 minutes
Recipe taken and adapted from tasteofhome.com.