We’ve had enough time to recover from all the holiday madness, so this time we have a super simple soup recipe for you. This spinach soup can be whipped together in no time for a healthy lunch or dinner.
It’s low-carb, paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and it contains tons of nutrients. Spinach is high in vitamins A, C, K1, folic acid, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and much more. Not to mention other compounds like quercetin and lutein, which are both powerful antioxidants.
Zucchini is another amazing veggie that we use (fun fact: zucchini is botanically considered as a fruit!) and that’s packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It’s also high in both soluble and insoluble fiber, which are great for good digestion.
Let’s dig in!
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach (washed)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- Water or chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp pickled seaweed
- Dice the zucchini and saute in a pan with olive oil.
- When golden, add spinach, salt and spices. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach has shrunk.
- Cover with water (just enough to cover the vegetables) and boil on low to medium heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer the soup into a blender, food processor or remove the pan from heat and use a hand blender to puree the soup. Blend for a few minutes to get a very smooth and blended texture.
- Transfer the soup back on heat and add in the coconut milk. Mix well and remove the soup from heat as soon as it starts bubbling.*
- Serve with sesame seeds and pickled seaweed on top.
*You can also add the coconut milk when serving the soup. Then you won’t have to transfer the soup back on heat again.