Who doesn’t love a good chocolate bark filled with some dried fruit, nuts and seeds? So decadent and crunchy, perfect to satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth. And because in this recipe we use a good quality dark chocolate, you don’t even have to feel guilty for eating it! (Unless you eat the whole thing at once… This has happened to us!)
So let’s start cooking – here’s our Pumpkin Seed Chocolate Bark recipe!
- 8oz dark chocolate (at least 72%)*
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/3 cups pumpkin seed
- ¼ cups almond flakes
- ¼ cups dried cranberries
- Chop or break the chocolate into smaller chunks. Place the chocolate chunks in a metal bowl and melt it over a pot of simmering water (double-boiling), stirring frequently. Once the chocolate is completely melted, turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla bean powder.
- Line a parchment paper over a 10-inch tray or use a chocolate mold. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared tray or into chocolate mold.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds, almond flakes and cranberries over the chocolate, pressing some into the chocolate.**
- Leave it to set at room temperature for 20 minutes, until set. To speed up the process, you may keep it in the refrigerator for 7-10 minutes.
*The taste of this bark is highly dependent on the quality of the chocolate that you use, so make sure to use your favorite!
**You can try using different flavorings like cinnamon and mint, or different nuts and seeds.