I have been making muffins by this recipe for years now. They’re really delicious, juicy and you can use the recipe as a base for bacon-cheese muffins, any berry-muffins or even chocolate chip muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 2 and 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1/cup (about 100g) of melted butter
- 200 ml (a little less than a cup) of whole cream
- A handful of fresh or frozen blackcurrants.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 225 C (437 F).
2. Melt your butter in a small pot at low heat.
3. At the same time whisk eggs and honey until nice and foamy.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients.
5. Step by step, add all the wet ingredients, while stirring.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
Note: Almond flour burns really fast. If you let it get a bit crispy, it’s delicious, but there is a fine line between burning and crispiness. When making muffins by this recipe the first time, keep an eye on them, because ovens tend not to cook the same.