Looking for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner recipe? Our cinnamon chicken legs with prunes recipe is perfect for those family gatherings and holiday celebrations. Or why not cook it for a healthy yet decadent Sunday dinner with the family?
This recipe is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, low carb and keto friendly. We do use a little bit of coconut sugar in this recipe, but you can leave it out if you’d like.
- 10 chicken legs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 big onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup dried plums
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground clove
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic cloves. Cook until golden brown and tender.
- Add in the chicken legs. Brown them until slightly crispy on the outside.When they are browned and crispy, lower the heat and pour in the coconut sugar, ground clove, ground nutmeg and Cinnamon Powder. Add in the pine nuts and dried plums.
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté everything for 10 minutes, over low heat.
- Stir in the chicken broth and let it cook covered on low heat for about 30 minutes, until liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite side dishes or with our veggie fries or pumpkin spaghetti.