This recipe is great if you’re craving some meatballs, but not the actual meat. These paleo veggie ‘meatballs’ are made with tasty vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, sweet potato and cauliflower. Such a great way to sneak some colorful veggies to your diet!
This recipe is paleo, vegetarian-friendly, low-carb, keto friendly and packed with nutrients. Serve these ‘meatballs’ for a healthy family dinner or for a crowd at Christmas or birthday party! And we’re absolutely sure that the kids will love these too.
Let’s dig in!
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ cup roasted sweet potato
- ¾ cup cauliflower, boiled and well drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ¾ tsp ground fennel
- ½ tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp spicy paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Tomato sauce for serving
- In a food processor, pulse bell pepper with sweet potato, cauliflower, garlic, walnuts, almond flour, coconut flour and chia seeds. Blend until a soft dough is formed. Transfer into a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and pour them into the dough. Add in ground mustard, ground fennel, crushed rosemary, Ceylon Cinnamon Powder, spicy paprika and salt.
- Stir well until everything is combined. If the dough is too soft, add in more almond flour. If it is too dry, add more cauliflower or sweet potato.
- Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wet your hands a little bit and form meatball sized balls with the dough.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Gently fry the veggie meatballs until they form a golden crust on each side.
- Serve with tomato sauce sprinkled with sauteed garlic and fresh parsley.