Have them as dessert or serve them for a crowd, everyone will love these healthy orange and almond cakes. They may be small, but they’re full of flavor and nutrients.
This recipe is made with almond flour – a much healthier and tastier alternative to regular white flour. It’s gluten free, dairy free, flourless and has no white sugar. Too good to be true? Absolutely not! Here’s how you can make them:
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 small orange
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 4 tbsp. of honey, to serve
- Almond flakes, to serve
- Oil or butter for greasing
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- In one bowl, mix the egg yolks with coconut sugar and add orange zest.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, Ceylon Cinnamon and baking powder. Squeeze the orange juice and combine it with almond flour.
- Gently mix together the content of all the three bowls.
- Grease two small round cake pans with butter or oil, approximately 4-5 inches wide wide; pour in the mixture.
- Heat up the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the cakes for about 50 to 60 minutes. Let them cool on a rack.
- To serve, drizzle some honey on top of the cakes, and add almond flakes.