Everyone loves a good brownie. Maybe even a bit too much. So we decided to share with you our favorite paleo brownie recipe. They’re so rich and moist but a lot healthier than your regular brownies.
These beet brownies are gluten free, dairy free and have tons of nutrients thanks to the beetroot, raw cacao powder and almond flour.
- 1 ½ cups cooked beet (steamed or boiled)
- 1 ½ cups dark fondant chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar or erythrytol
- 3 eggs
- 50 g raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips to decorate
- In a blender, pulse the beets with the coconut sugar or erythrytol. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and mix with the beet purée.
- Separately, combine almond flour with baking powder, cocoa powder, Ground Vanilla Bean and salt.
- Mix everything until it forms a well integrated dough.
- Melt the chocolate bar and pour in to combine with the dough.
- Open the coconut milk can and stir well. Pour the coconut milk into the dough’s bowl and stir well.
- Grease one cake pan or baking tray with butter or cover with a parchment paper; pour in the mixture and top with chocolate chips.
- Heat up the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the brownie for about 50 minutes. Let it cool on a rack.