Most of us have dreamed of a way to eat cookies, but not gain any weight or harm your health by doing it. Well these zucchini cookies might be the solution we’ve been looking for! What a good way to eat your veggies. Though these cookies taste nothing like vegetables. They’re crunchy and chewy at the same time. Subtly sweet with a hint of spices and vanilla aroma. And the added chocolate chips make the cookies oh so indulgent!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup ground almond
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, excess water drained
- ¾ cups honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup pure butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tbsp Summer Day Naturals’ Raw Vanilla Bean Powder
- A pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp Summer Day Natural’s Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – coconut flour, ground almonds, desiccated coconut, vanilla bean powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Whisk in honey and egg until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in half of the dry ingredients mixture and mix until fully incorporated, then add the shredded zucchini*. After that, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Place cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking tray, 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are golden. Remove cookie from pans and let it cool on wire racks**
* Be sure to strain excess liquid from the zucchinis, but do not squeeze them dry.
** These cookies will be crunchy on the outside and slightly soft and chewy on the inside. In room temperature, they’ll last up to 7 days. Over time, the cookies may lose its crunchiness. To get it crunchy again, pop it in the oven for 5 minutes.