Simple yet so indulgent. That’s the best way to describe this berry cheesecake parfait recipe. It’s ideal for breakfast, snack, dessert or serve it for a crowd! Not only does it taste delicious, it also looks gorgeous.
This wholesome parfait is made with berries, cashews, our Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder and extra creamy whipped coconut milk sweetened with a little honey or maple syrup. This flavor combination hits the spot every single time.
It’s vegan (if you use plant based alternatives instead of honey), paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
Oh, the best bit is that you can prepare this recipe the night before and in the morning do all the assembling.
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
For the berry jam:
- 2 cups berries (for example: blackberries , blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
For the almond crust:
- ¾ cup almonds
To make the cheesecake:
- Soak the cashews in water for 8 hours (overnight).
- Drain, rinse and shake the cashews dry. Blend them in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the remaining cheesecake ingredients and blend again.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary.
To make the berry jam:
- Cook your berries of choice (blackberries , blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries) in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to break down, this takes about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and honey or maple syrup as sweetener.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a spoon, break up the berries and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
To make the almond crust:
- To toast the almonds: preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Stir every 2 -3 minutes. Do not leave unattended because nuts can burn easily!
- Allow the almonds cool.
- Place the almonds on a cutting board, line them up and start chopping them up with a knife.
- In the bottom of one parfait glass, add 2 tbsp. of chopped almonds.
- Add some of the cheesecake filling on top and then add 1/4 of the berry jam. Top with some more cheesecake filling then another 1/4 berry jam. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Repeat with another parfait glass.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.