This time we have something different in store for you! These spinach pancakes are amazing for breakfast or if you’re just craving some good old pancakes. And topped with the cinnamon-bacon maple syrup you just can’t resist.
As always, we only do paleo recipes, so you won’t find any white flour in this recipe. Instead we use almond meal and tapioca flour that are great for substituting that carb-filled flour without giving up any flavor.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup plant based milk (you can use soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, rice milk or any other plant based option!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the topping:
- 100 gr. bacon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend for a few seconds until the batter is smooth and it has a pancake consistency. Add more milk or more almond flour if needed.
- Heat a large pan over low heat and grease with olive oil.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook for 6-7 minutes until all the surface is full of bubbles.
- Flip and cook for 6-7 more minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Set pancakes aside.
- The topping: Pour the bacon into the warm pan and cook for two minutes until brown and crispy.
- Add in maple syrup and ground cinnamon and sift together.
- Put pancakes on a plate topped with the bacon cinnamon topping. Serve warm.