Pizza with a sweet and healthy twist? You got it!
This fruit pizza is just fantastic! The base is made from ground almond and coconut flour, giving it a deep nutty flavor that goes so well with the airy and creamy coconut cream.
It’s gluten free, dairy free and paleo. And if you’re a vegan, just substitute the honey and gelatin for plant based alternatives like maple syrup and agar-agar!
Here’s what you need:
For the base:
- 2 cups ground almond
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp gelatin
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp. pure butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure honey
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 2 cups of mixed berries
- 1-2 kiwis, sliced
- For the base: Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, vanilla bean powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and honey and knead until it forms non-sticky dough. Flatten dough onto the base of a 9-inch cake tin or pizza pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely in pan.*
- For the filling: Scoop the separated coconut cream on top. Whisk until thick. Add honey and vanilla bean powder and whisk until stiff.**
- To assemble: Spread the coconut cream on top of the base. Decorate with sliced fruits and berries. Drizzle with additional honey, if desired.
* Be careful when handling the base, as it is quite fragile, especially when it is still hot.
** You can make the coconut cream up to a day in advance, keep it refrigerated.
Recipe taken and adapted from deliciouslyorganic.net.