These paleo apple and blackberry muffins are gluten-free, healthy and full of flavor. And let’s not even start with the tenderness! A good old muffin is always a nice treat, but a lot of times the gluten-free version tends to be dry and crumbly. But not these! You’ll love how moist our apple and blackberry muffins are.
Continue reading to find out how to make these yourself!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp flax seeds (optional)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 ripe, small banana
- 1 small red apple, grated
- ½ cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the dry ingredients together: almond flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, flax seeds, baking soda and vanilla bean powder.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas completely. Add in grated apples, eggs, honey, and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the blackberries and swirl lightly to mix.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tins or muffin cases. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until slightly brown. Cool muffins in their pans.