The season of pumpkins just calls for different spiced lattes. They give this colorful fall a nice touch of comfort and coziness. They require very little time and effort.. while being delicious!
- 2 cups dark brewed coffee or espresso
- 1, 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 3-6 tablespoons pumpkin puree (adjust to your personal preference)
- 1 teaspoon of Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Summer Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- A pinch of all spice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- To make pumpkin puree: Cut off the skin and cut the pumpkin into chunks. Place the pumpkin chunks on a baking tray and bake until the flesh is soft, approximately for 20-25 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, brew your coffee or espresso.
- Place the baked pumpkin in a blender. Add ¼ cups of almond milk and blend till smooth (you can add more milk if it gets too thick).
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add almond milk, pureed pumpkin until bubbling and steaming.
- Remove from heat, and stir in honey, vanilla bean powder, cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg.
- Pour into the bottom half of a coffee cup, and then pour in your strong coffee or espresso on top of it. Stir well. Alternatively you can use a blender to mix the ingredients.
Note: Extra pumpkin puree can be stored in fridge for up to 2 weeks.