There’s nothing else to say but YUM! These veggie fries will blow your mind. They’re made *THIS* crispy with tapioca flour (no need to use any white flour!) so you won’t be missing out on any flavor or crunch when switching from your regular fries.
In this recipe we use zucchini, pumpkin and carrots as they’re amazing in the fall. However, you can use whatever vegetables you prefer!
This recipe is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, low carb and keto friendly. Perfect to serve as a healthy side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or why not at birthday parties!
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ small pumpkin
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground dried garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- Olive oil (use a refined olive oil because of a higher smoke point) or coconut oil for frying
- In a bowl, whisk together tapioca flour with spices, baking powder, warm water and beaten eggs, until there are no lumps.
- Cut the veggies of choice into thick strips.
- Put the veggie strips inside the tapioca bowl and soak all of them completely.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour in olive oil or coconut oil to fry.
- Fry the veggies until browned on both sides, take them out of the skillet and put them over paper napkins to dry.
- Season with more salt.