It’s been a while since we last shared a cake recipe with you, so it’s about time we do it again! These lemon and raspberry financiers are so good that it’s a struggle to have just one. Or two.
So what is a financier anyway? It’s a small French almond cake baked in a mold. As we’re into flourless cooking and baking, this is such a great recipe and it tastes even better than regular muffins.
Our lemon-raspberry financiers are the perfect sweet treats for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or why not for birthdays. This recipe is paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. Instead we used very fine almond flour, erythritol and our own Ground Vanilla.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- Lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp salt
- Carefully separate egg whites from egg yolks. Mount the egg whites until stiff.
- In another bowl, mix the egg yolks with erythrytol, lemon zest and Ground Vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour in the egg whites and stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 340ºF. Grease muffin cups or financier pans and pour in the dough. Put one or two raspberries inside each cake.
- Cook the financiers for about 20 to 30 minutes. Let them cool on a rack.