As we’re right in the middle of enjoying this hot summer, what a better way to cool down than with a sugar free ice cream! And not only – this time we have an amazing plum caramel that goes with it. Super simple and super delicious.
Both the ice cream and plum caramel are paleo, vegan, gluten free and dairy free. You’ll get the sweetness from ripe bananas and prunes, and the rich flavor from full fat coconut milk, macadamia nuts, our Ground Vanilla Bean and Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder.
Here’s how you can make it:
For the plum caramel:
- 12 pitted prunes
- 1 tbsp. macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the ice cream:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- In a large Tupperware or other food storage container, mash the ripe bananas and mix them with the full fat coconut milk and vanilla.
- Put the ice cream mixture in the freezer. Every 30 minutes you should remove it from the freezer and mash well so that it doesn’t form ice crystals. Let it freeze for around 4-5 hours.
- Once the ice cream is ready, put the ingredients of the plum caramel in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Once the plum caramel is done, mix it roughly with the ice cream, without combining them completely.