Chia puddings are such a great dessert that’s not only tasty, but is also healthy. The texture of the pudding is soft and gooey on the outside, while crunchy in the center. Sounds like a dream, am I right? The pumpkin blends well with the coconut milk, resulting in a smooth, creamy and lightly nutty pudding with a tropical twist. Perfect dessert to enjoy alone or with loved ones.
- 1 cup thinned coconut milk*
- 1 cup cooked pureed pumpkin**
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ tbsp. Summer Day Naturals’ Vanilla Bean Powder
- ½ tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch ground ginger
- A pinch ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp. honey, to taste
- An extra 1-2 tbsp. coconut milk
* To thin the coconut milk, just add ¼ cup water to every ½ cup coconut milk.
** Be sure to puree the pumpkin in a food processor or blender. If you mash it manually you might get some stringy fiber in the puree.
- Mix all the ingredients except the extra coconut milk in a bowl until it becomes a smooth mixture. Make sure that there are no clumpy bits.
- Cover the bowl and chill in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight. The chia seeds will absorb the moisture and thicken the pudding.
- When the pudding is ready, you may adjust the sweetness by adding more honey.
- To serve, spoon the pudding into serving glasses and top with the additional coconut milk.
- To have an extra crunch, serve with nuts or some Paleo ginger cookies.