The classic popular dessert of carrot cake is given a raw interpretation for this delicious recipe. Healthy whole foods mixed with cinnamon recreate the flavor of carrot cake without the refined sugar and white flour.
Make these raw paleo carrot cake balls to have on hand for a satisfying dessert or snack. These bite-size treats can be a real lifesaver when you are craving something sweet.
The carrot cake balls are not only super easy and quick to make, but they are the perfect grab and go snack. This recipe can be personalized by using different combinations of nuts to create your own flavor.
Ultimately, these little pieces of carrot cake are the perfect healthy dessert for any time of the year.
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. Summer Day Naturals’ Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup shredded coconut, for rolling
- In a large food processor add in the shredded coconut, shredded carrots, cinnamon, honey or maple syrup and coconut oil. Blend together until it forms a batter type consistency.*
- Add about 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to a shallow bowl. Using a tablespoon, roll the dough between your hands before rolling it in the coconut to coat, pressing it down to make sure the coconut sticks. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining dough.
- Store the bites in a container in the fridge.**
*You can use the blender to chop the carrots, or a box grater to shred the carrots if you prefer. In this case you can use your hands to mix all the ingredients together.
**You can store the carrot cake balls in a container in the fridge, or freeze for longer periods of time or depending on the texture you like.