Sun’s out, buns out! These paleo bread buns are a great addition to almost any dish you can imagine. They’re so soft and fluffy – the perfect paleo version of your regular bread buns!
Enjoy them with some grass-fed butter and sea salt, jam, or whatever you crave!
Here are a few of our recipes that these bread buns will go perfectly with:
- Snack on them with some low-carb, vegan beet spread or sun-dried tomato pesto
- Side for super creamy spinach soup or spicy gazpacho
- Make sandwiches with our meatless ‘meatballs’
- Prepare delicious burgers with sweet potato veggie burgers
- 1 ½ cup tapioca flour / starch
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a bowl, mix together tapioca flour and tapioca starch with salt, xanthan gum, cardamom, ginger and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil with warm water and dry yeast.
- Mix together both dry and wet ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough proof for around 1 hour at room temperature, until it looks fluffy.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and shape four round buns.
- Let the buns rest for 15 more minutes at room temperature.
- Cut a cross on the top of each bun.
- Bake on 400 ºF for about 22-25 minutes until golden brown.