We can never get enough of a good, tasty pudding. Especially if it’s a coffee pudding! This dessert recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas celebrations – you can be sure that everyone will love it.
Our coffee pudding is made with coconut cream, but we also make our own coconut sugar caramel! As this recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free, it’s the perfect sweet treat after a rich dinner that won’t make you feel too full or sluggish.
Let’s dig in!
For the pudding:
- 3 eggs
- ½ 13 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp Summer Day Naturals’ Ground Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp ground aniseed
For the coconut sugar caramel:
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then combine with honey, ground aniseed, Ground Vanilla, ground coffee and grated coconut. Stir well and set aside.
- Open the coconut milk can and mix well to integrate the water with the fat. Pour into the bowl and combine with all the other ingredients.
- In a pan, prepare the coconut caramel. Combine the coconut sugar and water over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved into the water. Let it cook for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Prepare the cake pan by putting the coconut caramel on the base to form a very thin layer.*
- Preheat the oven to 320ºF.
- Prepare a deep tray by filling half of it with water. Put the cake pan with the pudding mixture inside the tray. Water should cover half of the cake pan or muffin cup from the outside.**
- Put the tray in the oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 1 hour and let cool before taking the puddings out of the cake pans.
* You can use muffin cups for individual puddings or a big cake pan to make a large pudding. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the caramel layer.
**Make sure not to spill any water into the pudding mixture.